UPDATE (Feb 18): We now have seven spots open for our Social Media team in Australia. To celebrate the new year, here’s a few great Social Media jobs in APAC.
Hiring for Social Media is almost a full time task in my day job running Ogilvy’s social media for APAC. This week alone, I have interviewed candidates in three markets in as many days.
One particularly important post (to me!) is finding an intern to work directly with me here in Hong Kong.
The ideal candidate:
– Knows how to write well, edit video, has experience in using social media (knows how to use a wordpress blog, youtube, etc)
– Preferably speaks/writes an Asian language, extremely passionate about social media.
– I am partial to those training to be journalists, designers or programmers with a strong design sensibility. I am particularly keen to hear from students at Hong Kong University’s journalism master program, Hong Kong Baptist University’s financial journalism program and Hong Kong Polytechnic’s design program.
The internship will be intense, wildly varied and offer great opportunities for learning. You will work at the heart of a fun and hard-working team that is also the most-awarded Social Media team in APAC. Please email camay.yip at ogilvy dot com with your CV and a cover letter.
One of the most exciting web properties and the fastest growing company in history as measured by revenue, Groupon is screaming to hire in APAC. I was sent this message from a friend: “I’ve been mandated on a search to build a SWAT team comprised of entrepreneurial top level bankers and strategy consultants to build out Groupon in China. Look
ng for Mandarin speaking junior to mid-level consultants at bulge bracket banks and top 5 consultancies for number of roles. They have a very aggressive growth strategy.” Please contact oz at clayton.com.hk
Bangkok-based, for Major Auto Man
5 Social Media Conversation Managers
Social Media Conversation Manager – Native English speaker
Social Media Conversation Manager – Thai
Social Media Conversation Manager – Vietnamese
Social Media Conversation Manager – Indonesian
Social Media Conversation Manager – Simplified Chinese
PRISM, the public relations and sponsorship specialist agency of JWT, is looking for talent for an expanding news and communications operation based in Bangkok serving a major global automaker.
We seek highly motivated individuals with experience and passion for blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership. The successful candidate will join our internal communication team, and interact with an external PR agency.
• Interact with our customers to align service of their needs with our corporate objectives
• Be the eyes and ears of our brand as if your own reputation depended on it
• Build and maintain ou
content distribution network by way of social media channels
• Minute-by-minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, answer comments, be a mediator
• Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to appropriate parties
• Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites
• Optimising tags on our feeds, sharing sites like YouTube/Flickr and search engines through copywriting and creative a
d keyword optimisation
• Manage and track link building campaigns, coordinated with all facets of our business
• Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports
• Analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
Qualifications and experience
• A bachelor’s degree in any field
• Proven research and writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Dedicated to blogging and use of Social Media
• Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media
• Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content
• Understands social media universe including YouTube, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc…
• Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
The above positions are located in Bangkok, commencing February 2011. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and C.V. to mbarrett at prismteam.com
Agence France Presse Television, Beijing
AFPTV is looking for a multi-skilled video journalist for its Beijing bureau.
The correspondent will produce two-minute long English-language voiced reports, a mix of lifestyle features and hard news for broadcast and web clients.
– An experienced journalist, with a proven track record as a field reporter
– Fully multi-skilled reporter, able to produce, shoot, script, voice and edit stories
– Native English speaker
– Mandarin and experience working in China are desirable
– Conditions: contract position
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter and links to recent work to Phil.Chetwynd at afp.com You can see examples of AFPTV stories on www.YouTube.com/afp
Chief Asia Editor
Agence France-Presse (AFP)